Quick Cliq 2.0 beta is released today.
Many changes have been made since the last update. I’ll mention only main ones in this post, but full log will be available after some testing on beta will be done.
Yes, i need your help, guys, to test this relase, so if you’r willing to do so – go to beta section, download the stuff, and let me know about any problems you will find 🙂
One important thing: old QC settings will not be changed in any way when you start using new version, therefore you may return and use old QC later if you want.
New release contain some breaking changes, so, please, READ THE CHANGES before starting new Quick Cliq…
– QC have been fully rewritten and overall improved
– All settings are now stored into xml
– All your menu items will be successfully transferred on Quick Cliq start from old-form settings
– Old ini configuration will not be changed in any way after QC 2.0 start, so you may continue using previous version if you want later
– S-Menus now can be updated by right-clicking on file and choosing “Update S-Menu”
– Common QC items now right-clickable from opened menu – this action opens additional menu with few options
– Clips: module have been rewritten, therefore all saved clips from earlier Quick Cliq versions will not be restored on start.
– Memos: Crypting system have been changed in new version, therefore you should decrypt all your enrypted memos before running new Quick Cliq
– Only hotkeys/gestures settings are transferred from the old “ini” configuration. So you will need to manually recheck other options if you need
– S-Menus format have also been changed and you will need to recreate necessary menus again.
– Full list of changes will be later..
Essie · April 9, 2012 at 3:12 pm
No problem converting from old to beta version.
No problem adding registry to enable S-menu.
No problem converting old *.qcm files to the beta version.
Problem with the submenu. I have a *.qcm launcher that includes multiple submenu folders. In the beta version, all the links within the submenus (second level) are duplicated and showed on the first level.
Not sure if this is considered a problem but I like to view large icons on my taskbar so when I include on QC on my Quick Launch, I like to see all my icons listed as large icons too. In the previous version, they were all large icons but in the beta version, all of the icons are now smaller. I wonder if developer could give user an option to choose to view large or small icons. For me, since my laptop is already small, I prefer to view large icons on my desktop.
Will let you know more if i notice any new problems.
Pavel · April 10, 2012 at 12:08 am
thanks, Essie, i’ll fix the S-Menu problem
regarding icons issue, could you describe it better, a screenshot may be?
Corey · April 9, 2012 at 9:33 pm
Awesome work, as always.
Sure wish you would add the ability to skin the background. ; )
Peter · April 21, 2012 at 6:50 am
I just upgraded to Beta 2. I am (was) using version 22.214.171.124.
I wanted to convert my old ini file into the Beta version.
I downloaded the utility (qc_ini_fix.exe), but it doesn’t work. It crashed on me.
Thanks for any help with this,
Peter (from British Columbia, Canada)
Pavel · April 21, 2012 at 7:18 am
That is quite old version! Can you send me your ini files? I’ll try to help you
Pavel · April 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm
If you don’t want to send them to me, you may try following, but no guarantee it will work:
1. Use qc_ini_fix tool first
2. Run QC 2.0 beta